Monday, May 15, 2006

The draught in blogosphere (mine at least)

Introduction
If you'll just scroll down a bit on this page, you'll notice that my last post was in March. (and it's May now...)

Results
But I can't be faulted can I? A systematic review (yeah right) of selected blogs which I regularly frequent, shows that many blogs have not been updated for a long time. One of them have been taken off Blogspot (i.e., deleted). Don't trust my review? - Have a click at those links on the left of this post.

Discussion
It is most likely that there's a blogging trending which correlates with procrastination, boredom, and loss of interest after initial excitement (p<0.001). style="font-style: italic;">Conclusion
It may have been fun initially, results might have been interesting (maybe?), but I can't understand why one of my friends told me he loves doing research. I can't wait to get to clinicals - just another 2 months for it to start. And yes, expect more whining about it when it begins - didn't you know -- things seem more interesting before it starts, and after you get white hair (and use words like...I remember those days when I was a medical student...). Nostalgia - what a wonderful thing my brain does for me (...probably a change in the strength of connections between neurons saying...DAMN CAN'T YOU REMEMBER...YOU HATED IT!)

Disclaimer: This paper was written without peer review and statistics was anecdotal. Any statistician out there interested to do the real thing?

No comments: