Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Early BBQs gets the doctors

I'm pretty sure we're all quite familiar with the phrase "early bird gets the worm" or something similar. The fact is, even as early as 1st year, I have been slowly but steadily been signing up for more and more FREE "Defence Association" membership, you know, just in case I really do forget to remove the scissors I left in a patient's peritoneal cavity.

The many, many defence associations available here in Victoria, Australia, seem to be always queueing up (probably cajoled by the medical student association - but queueing up makes it sound like we medical students are important) to pay for our many BBQ events. Of course I'll also be looking forward to free pens, penlights, diaries, drug samples etc from beloved pharmaceutical companies.

No comments: